If you are in need of a visit with a doctor but are unable or uncomfortable with leaving your home, telemedicine is ideal for you. With a telehealth visit, you’ll be able to meet with a physician over a secure video call to go over your symptoms for effective treatment options. Our urgent care center accepts telemedicine appointments seven days a week.
What can Telemedicine be used to treat?
Telemedicine can be used to diagnose and treat many conditions, with some exceptions. Some of the more common telehealth visits include:While telemedicine can be used for diagnosis of many conditions, some may require an in-person visit at our walk-in urgent care center. Some of the included visits include:
- Allergy Symptoms
- Bug Bites
- Poison Ivy and other rashes
- Sore Throat
- Ear infection, earache, or swimmers ear
- Eye infection, pinkeye, sties
- Female urinary tract infections
- Newly onset cough
- Sinus Infection or Sinusitis
- **Medication renewal (no controlled or addictive substances, no long term chronic illness prescriptions-1 month prescription only, No ADD, ADHD, or mental health prescription.) ***
The following cannot be assessed over a Telemedicine visit and will require an in-person visit at our walk-in urgent care center for treatment. Our center is open seven days a week for your convenience.
- No narcotic or controlled substance renewal or prescription.
- No prescriptions over one month
- No Chest Pain
- No Physical Exams
- No emergency symptoms including: Dial 911 (chest pain, shortness of breath, allergic reaction, choking, altered of consciousness, head or neck injury
- No STD’s or STI’s (Must come into Center)
- No Pregnancy, birth control renewal or birth control advice
- No Workers Compensation or Occupational Health visits (Must come into Center)
- No Referrals to specialists (Must come into Center)
- No Suturing, suturing removal or wound care (Must come into Center)
Making a Telemedicine appointment
Scheduling a telemedicine appointment only takes a few minutes over the phone. Simply call 508-650-6208 option 5 to register with our staff. Your visit will be scheduled and you will be able to consult with a physician much like a traditional visit. If you have questions about whether or not your symptoms can be addressed over telemedicine, please call our center.
Virtual Visits & Telemedicine in Natick, MA
If you are interested in signing up for a telehealth visit, please call AFC Urgent Care Natick today! We will be able to provide you with the diagnosis and treatment you need. For questions, please call 508-650-6208.